Saturday, September 1, 2007

Home at Last!

Well, the day has finally come. Lindsay and Austin arrived home in Longlac early Friday evening, after a day long trip from Toronto that began at 6:30 am. Thanks to Scott's dedication and excellent driving skills, they made it back safely, and in amazingly good time. Their Internet connection box hasn't arrived yet, so this is Austin's grandpa doing the honours for this blog update. Grandma and myself were in Longlac for the past few days, and were there for the long awaited home-coming. We're back in Thunder Bay now, where I'm writing this little blurb. Wednesday's lumbar puncture results indicated no sign of any cancer cells in Austin's spinal fluid. This is as good as it gets, folks! Needless to say, we're all pretty happy about this news. Austin is in excellent spirits, and enjoying his new digs. His Play Station is really getting a good working out on the BIG screen. This afternoon, he went for a stroll in the yard with Lindsay and Scott, and enjoyed some barbecued steak, with ice cream to follow. Weather permitting, they may try a little fishing as well, this weekend. As mentioned in the previous blog entry, there are still many trips to Toronto scheduled, for follow-up tests and procedures, but today is a major step in Austin's journey to full recovery.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Home Sweet Home so happy...what great news.. give me a call when you have a chance so much to talk about. Love to all. Angie

Anonymous said...

This is the best picture yet! I can't even imagine how great you must feel to be back home. I'll call you soon, after you've had a chance to settle in.
Love Sue & Ben

caitlyn@sickkids said...

Congratulations!!! It must feel absolutely wonderful being able to get back to somewhat normalcy!! There is nothing better than being at home. Austin, you look absolutely great. Keep up the good work!!!!

Caitlyn and Rona

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! It must feel great being home. There's no place like home. Have fun. Carolyn

Scott Hobbs said...

Awesome News!

Good to hear things are getting better.

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Hey its Carolyn,could you please do me a favour. I met a boy at www.caringbridge.org/visit/austinmyers I told them about your Austin. He has the same diagnosis and same protocol and Patty,the mom, is looking for people who have been down that road for support. They are in the third week of radiation. I thought it neat that his name is also Austin. Could you go to the site and email Patty? She is looking for advice and support...thank you sooo much. I told her how well our kids are doing and it gives her hope. Thank you, Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay!! Hope all is going well. Bryan sure misses the duels he got to have with you guys. We've been home almost 2 weeks now and things still haven't settled down. We are waiting on the doctor to give the ok to go back to school and all that fun stuff. Well say hi to Austin for Bryan. Take care and hopefully talk to you soon.
Pam, Donny and Bryan

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay,
Hi, I am Patty Myers, the Mom that Carolyn wrote you about. Please visit Austin's site and fly me an email. I have some general questions. I am SO happy to read that your Austin is doing well, between you and Carolyn, I am hoping you can pull me through this journey.

Patty Myers

Anonymous said...

First my spelling will be bad because im austin's age I also like the same stuff and I went to the same school and the same class we were best frend's at st'johns school and austin no one forgets you me josh Rj elijah evan chris we all miss you call me if you can hop you still have my number bye

Anonymous said...

Helloooo....I keep checking here for an update!!! Hope everything is going good. I bet you are having so much fun, there is no time to get on the computer. I will just assume, no news in great news!! We have an MRI coming up Oct.20..yuck. I will keep checking back. Take CAre, CArolyn

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hey man it's me ryan from st.john school. me josh and
the class miss you man.
Hope you get better

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Superb blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on
everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?

There are so many choices out there that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any ideas? Bless you!

Here is my blog ... cccam server free online 24 7