Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another Day of Chemo

Austin developed a fever overnight and has been given antibiotics to combat whatever it is that is causing it. The doctors have taken cultures to send to the lab, but do not receive any results for 48 hours - so they hope that the antibiotics prescribed will work. Today is a repeat of the chemo drug he had yesterday, which he seemed to tolerate quite well. Austin is being very cooperative with all of the hospital staff, and they comment regularly on what a sweetheart he is. Although he sleeps most of the day, when he is awake he is in good spirits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Austin,
I think about you every day...you are in my daily prayers as well. I really enjoy being able to read your daily progress and see your picture. It reassures me that you are doing well. Please thank your grandpa for giving me access to your news. Dave is busy with his greenhouse and getting plants ready for my gardens. He went ice fishing yesterday and caught three nice Splake Trout. Breeze has been reacquainted with his summer friend Chippy the chipmunk...he cornered him under the deck this afternoon. Chippy and Breeze have regular run-ins and Breeze likes to think that he's the boss. But I think Chippy is because Breeze never manages to catch him. Oh well, it keeps him occupied. The ice is almost gone...it is really looking black...a few more days and I think we'll see open water. My new job is going well but I must get back to my school work! Time to run...take care Austie, you are a real trouper! XOXO LUV YA, Joanne